It’s hot out there! Definitely no fun at all if you’re looking for a relaxing, cool summer.
So let’s break down a healthy, homemade recipe for the tastiest strawberry-banana “Nice cream” out there! Nice cream is considered a healthy alternative to ice cream for those looking to cut back on fat and dairy. This sweet, guilt-free treat is the perfect dessert for a hot day and we know you’re not going to want to miss out! Let’s get started to take your summer to the next level!
- You’ll need: 4 large ripe bananas, 1 Ib fresh ripe strawberries, a lined baking sheet, freezer access, and a food processor for mixing. Total time spent making this treat should take about 2 hours, 15 minutes.
- First, peel your bananas and cut them into slices.
- Take your strawberries and slice them up as well.
- Line a baking sheet with paper to prevent your fruit from sticking. Arrange the fruits in a single layer. Then, place your sheet with fruit into the freezer and freeze for 2 hours or until fully frozen.
- When your fruits are frozen, place them in the bowl of your food processor. Process until the mixture is nice and creamy and smooth. Take some time to make sure you have the right level of consistency.
- You can then serve immediately if you’re a fan of soft-serve. If you enjoy harder, more ice cream-like consistency, move your mixture over to a 1.5-liter metal container and freeze for another 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
Now you can enjoy all the creamy, chilly deliciousness of ice cream with 100% healthier fruit-filled ingredients! Enjoy a cooler, healthier summer with this tasty treat!