This veggie-filled dish is truly amazing! The perfect entree for gatherings and holiday meals!
- You’ll need Ricotta, whole milk, parmesan, olive oil, diced onion, garlic cloves, eggplants, lasagna noodle sheets, mozzarella, basil, chopped capers, and tinned tomato sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease up a lasagna dish with a bit of oil.
- Prepare your eggplant. Cut off the ends and slice into 0.5-inch discs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as you lay the slices into baking trays. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Make the white sauce. Whisk ricotta and milk and add parmesan. Stir well and set aside.
- Prepare your red sauce. Heat oil over medium-high heat and add the onions and garlic. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for 20 minutes on low until thick. Add capers.
- With a large spoon of red sauce, spread the sauce evenly over the base of the baking dish before adding layers of your roasted eggplant slices. Spread 1/3 of the white sauce on top. Add in basil leaves and cover with 3 sheets of lasagne. Repeat and finish with a layer of lasagna sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Time to bake! Cover the dish in tin foil and place it into the preheated oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool your lasagna and enjoy!