Who doesn’t love a nice cool glass of lemonade on a hot day? You’ve had your basic lemonade before but now with some extra ingredients, you can enjoy a frosty, healthy drink on us with this recipe for whipped frozen lemonade! This combines all the sweetness of a delicious milkshake with that chilly lemon flavor you’ve come to expect. Let’s get started!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups ice cubes
You’ll also need a blender to make it all come together. The coconut milk will help the lemonade to be nice and creamy when it’s done. The leftover syrup will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. This should serve up to four people in total.
- First, you’ll need to prepare your simple syrup. Bring your sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remember to stir so that your sugar dissolves.
- Next, add your lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Cover and let it steep for exactly 1 hour. Once that’s done, strain the syrup carefully through a fine-mesh sieve. Then you can discard your zest. Remember to refrigerate any extra syrup.
- Now that you have your syrup, we can start making the whipped lemonade! First, add your ½ cup simple syrup, lemon juice, coconut milk, and ice to a blender.
- Blend carefully until the ice is crushed and the mixture is nice and slushy.
- Then, the best part! You can divide your mixture between 4 8-ounce glasses and serve fresh.
And there you have it! It’s that simple! This tasty, creamy beverage is the perfect healthy drink you’ll need to enjoy summertime in style!