The Best Diet Plan For You!
When it comes to finding the best dieting plan to help you feel great and lose weight, what could be better than that of the Mediterranean diet?
This diet is based on the traditional foods that people used to eat in countries like Italy and Greece, with a focus on lean foods and healthy, plant-based eating! Numerous studies on the Mediterranean diet have shown that it can really help with weight loss, as well as prevent major health issues like heart attacks, strokes, type 2 diabetes, and premature death.
So what sorts of food are essential for this diet? Here are a few basics below:
- MAJOR: Vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, potatoes, whole grains, bread, herbs, fish, spices, and seafood.
- MODERATE: Poultry, eggs, cheese, and yogurt
- RARE: Red meat.
- NO-NO’s: Sugary beverages, added sugars, processed meat, refined grains, refined oils, and other highly processed foods.
Now let’s have a look at a potential diet schedule. Please view below and adjust according to your own personal preferences and portions.
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with strawberries and oats.
- Lunch: Whole-grain sandwich with vegetables.
- Dinner: A tuna salad, dressed in olive oil. A piece of fruit for dessert.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins.
- Lunch: Leftover tuna salad from the night before.
- Dinner: Salad with tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese.
- Breakfast: Omelet with veggies, tomatoes, and onions. A piece of fruit.
- Lunch: Whole-grain sandwich, with cheese and fresh vegetables.
- Dinner: Mediterranean lasagne.
- Breakfast: Yogurt with sliced fruits and nuts.
- Lunch: Leftover lasagne from the night before.
- Dinner: Broiled salmon, served with brown rice and vegetables.
- Breakfast: Eggs and vegetables, fried in olive oil.
- Lunch: Greek yogurt with strawberries, oats, and nuts.
- Dinner: Grilled lamb, with salad and baked potato.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins, nuts, and an apple.
- Lunch: Whole-grain sandwich with vegetables.
- Dinner: Mediterranean pizza made with whole wheat, topped with
- cheese, vegetables, and olives.
- Breakfast: Omelet with veggies and olives.
- Lunch: Leftover pizza from the night before.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken, with vegetables and a potato. Fruit for dessert.
Sticking to a rigid schedule and an ordered daily meal routine will help you get a better grip on maintaining a level of consistency in your diet, as well as get you adjusted when it comes to the right things to eat. The great thing about the Mediterranean diet is that it really emphasizes plant-based foods, cleaning out your system to promote a healthy lifestyle. You can even indulge in some great red wine at the end of the day to top off each meal!
All in all, the Mediterranean diet is definitely a diet to take notice of, as well as one with plenty of delicious options to choose from! Enjoy yourself and see if it works for you!
Burning Calories: Tips and Tricks!
Whenever you’re looking to shed some excess weight and catch up on your personal health and fitness, chances are that you’re looking to burn all the calories you can during exercising. And the great thing is that it’s very easy to do so, especially if you know the best way to do it! When it comes to exercising, the sky’s the limit. But sometimes, it can be a bit tricky to really feel the burn and make the most of your physical activity.
You’re in luck because here are some quick and handy tips and tricks to really help you push yourself! Lace-up your sneakers and let’s get started!
- WARM-UP! Warming up before exercising is not only good for prepping and stretching your muscles before a workout, but it’s also a great way to shed some extra calories before things really heat up! Warming up is always healthy and can take as long as it needs to. You’ll find that the better your warm-up session is, the more efficient you’ll be at really exercising and burning up those calories!
- JUMP ROPE! The higher your heart rate is during exercise sessions, the better you’ll be at burning calories. Studies have shown that fast-paced jump rope can burn about 115 calories every 10 minutes, an indisputably helpful way of taking off extra pounds after a big meal! Plus, you’ll find that your speed and reflexes will definitely improve as a result of your quick movements.
- POWER WALKING! This is a more relaxed, low-stress activity. It might take longer than some other forms of exercise, but can really help you get in touch with the nature or neighborhood around you while also helping you burn calories at the same time! Even taking as much as 30 minutes of walking per day can really make a difference.
- YOGA! Doing some yoga can help you stretch out your limbs to achieve a newfound sense of mobility and flexibility. It can help as a means of relieving tension, helping you find better ways of burning calories that don’t involve excessive strain.
- BIKING/CYCLING! This is definitely a huge way of burning calories, especially if you really push yourself. Moving your legs at a constant biking rate can help you lose around 117 calories every 30 minutes, helping you break a sweat with ease! Just make sure to wear your helmet!
Looking For the Best Kinds Of Food To Eat? Here’s Some!
It can be a bit of a challenge when determining what’s the best kind of food to eat. If you’re looking for ways to spruce up your diet or exercise regime, you need to know what kinds of food work best for you in order to keep yourself in the best shape possible.
Luckily, we’re providing a few basic examples of the best kinds of grub out there to help you feel trim and refreshed, all with the nutrition you need to stay on the go and live your very best life. Don’t miss out! Let’s get started!
- GRAINS! You can find this in stuff like whole grain bread, brown rice, quinoa, oats, and wholegrain cereal. Grain provides dietary fiber, vitamins, and plenty of minerals. They also are great for preventing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, excessive weight gain, and even some cancers.
- FRUIT! Fruits might contain a lot of sugar, but they’re very low in calories and they have tons of vitamins and minerals. They’re great for helping you feel more full for longer periods of time, thus preventing any in-between meal snacking. The old saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” holds true!
- VEGETABLES! At the Karya Kares Clinic, we value the benefits of a plant-based diet. So, naturally, vegetables are high on our priority list! Vegetables are probably the healthiest things you can put in your body, incredibly low in calories and packed with the tools you need to fight against chronic diseases.
- DAIRY! Dairy can be relatively high in fat. That said, it’s important to incorporate a healthy amount into your daily diet. Dairy builds strong bones and reduces the risk of high blood pressure, some cancers, and type 2 diabetes.
- SPECIFICS? Here are some of the best foods to add to your daily diet!
There’s plenty of other excellent options to choose from. Once you take the first step towards better eating habits, the possibilities are limitless!
How To Make The Most Out Of Your Personal Fitness
Exercising can be tricky, especially if you don’t really know where to start. When it comes to getting the most out of your daily exercise routine, it’s typically the most challenging right at the beginning of your journey. And if you’re very eager to drop some extra pounds and maintain a healthier, more active lifestyle, it’s definitely a bit overwhelming for newbies.
Firstly, take a deep breath and relax! Everyone’s been in your place at some point in their lives. Gaining a healthier body can be a bit tricky at first but it’s no trouble at all once you really get into the groove of what’s expected of you.
At the Karya Kares Clinic, we place a strong level of emphasis on getting in shape and finding the kind of ideal body physique you can be proud of. As such, we’re breaking down some helpful tips and tricks to help you feel more at ease about exercising? Get ready to break a sweat because we’re getting started now!
- PLAN OUT YOUR ROUTINE IN ADVANCE! Sometimes, you can take the stress and strain out of a workout when you know exactly how it’s structured. This can involve piecing together each different section of your routine and keeping things cyclical. When you know what parts you’re supposed to be doing and when you’re supposed to do them, this creates a healthy, predictable pattern that will help you reduce apprehension and follow a consistent trajectory.
- TURN EACH SIT INTO FIT! Did you know that your body burns more calories when it’s up and moving? Even a mild saunter can make the most out of your time when it comes to personal fitness. It doesn’t even have to be a chore–you can incorporate it directly into your daily recreational activities without much hassle. Watch some TV while stretching or doing yoga. Play some video games on your feet. Any time you can incorporate standing into your daily routine is extremely helpful.
- EXERCISE WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY! Having a buddy to work out with can make a huge difference when it comes to motivation and confidence, as well as pushing each other to continue. Whether it’s power walking, time at the gym, swimming, etc., you’ll find that everything is easier when it becomes a bonding or social activity!
- GET THAT BLOOD FLOWING! Get pumped and keep active! Always remember to move your muscles to get your heart beating. This can help you avoid some serious heart and health issues in the future.
- TRY OUT A PEDOMETER! Every step you take makes a difference throughout your day. It actually helps once you’re made aware of the degree to which you’re moving around. Even in a simple work environment, a pedometer can be very handy to motivate you to move around more throughout your daily routine or even go the extra mile to beat daily records!
- TAKE PLENTY OF BREAKS! Whenever you’re pushing yourself in your fitness routine, it’s very important to stop and take plenty of breaks in between workout sessions. Your body needs to be active but it’s just as important that you give it plenty of room to rest and breathe whenever things get too strenuous. Drink plenty of water and get lots of sleep to rest and recover from lengthy physical activity!
- HAVE FUN! Workouts and exercising don’t have to be a chore. Take time to incorporate hobbies and personal preferences into the mix as well! Even having some music to listen to while you work out would make a world of a difference. The more fun you inject into your routine, the more you’ll find yourself looking forward to it each day!
Basic Tips on How To Take Charge Of Your Health
We all know that keeping healthy can be difficult. Especially if you’re looking to make a big change when it comes to your personal health goals. We’ve all been there at some point–trying to forge the perfect diet that will work for you. Sometimes, people find a level of success. Other times, not. But whatever the case may be, it’s important to always have a specific plan or strategy set in place.
At the Karya Kares Clinic, we firmly believe in maximizing your health strategy in order to develop the best way of getting in shape. That’s why we’re offering some of the best tips to help you take control of your health! Without further ado, let’s get started!
- GO PLANT-BASED: A plant-based diet is increasingly becoming more and more popular in the modern world, especially on both an environmental and cost-efficient level. But most importantly, a plant-based diet leaves a positive impact on your health, as well as helps detoxify your system from the damage of extra fat and the potential for future heart disease.
- CUT OUT UNNEEDED SUGAR: It’s easy to fall prey to the temptations of sugary sodas and sweets. But once you cut them out of your system completely, you’ll find that losing weight becomes a lot easier. Additionally, once you eliminate your sugar cravings, you might find that your appetite becomes significantly less pressing during slower times of the day. The occasional indulgence is okay but once you maintain a level of consistency when it comes to cutting sugar out of your diet, you’ll find that you’ll be able to approach your goal with a newfound sense of control and clarity.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: Your body not only needs water but drinking lots of water can be a useful way of filling you up throughout the day while allowing for greater weight loss. If you’re sticking to a very rigid diet that provides little in the way of calories, water can be an excellent means of keeping your body hydrated throughout the day, especially during the summer when things heat up.
- CLEAR OUT YOUR FRIDGE: Take a stand and clear out your fridge of any fatty or high-calorie foods that are sure to tempt you into cheating. Restock your fridge with healthy, low-fat food options to keep you on your toes! Eat tons of fruits and vegetables, as well as low-calorie grains and dairy.
- STICK TO A SCHEDULE: We all start feeling those hunger pains during certain times of the day. But what matters is sticking to a rigid schedule in terms of when you decide to eat. Your body is burning calories even while you sit so it’s important to space out your meals accordingly. Your diet should have a level of steady scheduling throughout the day so that you’re getting the energy you need while also avoiding in-between snacks.
- EXERCISE: Exercising can help your diet stick! Whether it’s a heavy workout or even just a simple nightly power-walk, you’ll find that it’s easier to burn calories and maintain a healthier body when you get up and move.
These are only a few basic tips but you’d be surprised at just how helpful they can be once you take that first step forward. You can count on the Karya Kares Clinic to provide you with the most essential information on all things health!
Karya Kares Clinic Opens Its Doors To New Patients
The Karya Kares Clinic opened its doors in May to illustrious fanfare, complete with several major Texas officials including Mayor Sylvester Turner, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez, Congresswoman Ms. Sheila Jackson Lee, and more. The clinic is free to all Houston citizens in need of health-related services.
Following the official opening of the clinic, staff members sought to treat the Houston community for a variety of health issues, predominantly that of hypertension and diabetes with the intention of branching out into additional health services in the coming months. Patients have steadily been entering the clinic’s doors for treatment, with more expected to arrive in the near future.
Patients have, so far, primarily focused on weight-related issues, including information on blood pressure as well as blood sugar screenings. One patient with diabetes was given proper education materials on their condition, allowing for a more positive contribution to the patient’s overall health and wellbeing. Because diabetes remains a significantly critical disease across the United States, the Karya Kares Clinic acts as a means of preventing major diseases like diabetes from becoming more and more damaging to the body by providing early intervention advice and treatment.
The clinic supports a plant-based lifestyle and makes key accommodations for all its patients based on their personal schedule, weight, and health preferences. The clinic’s namesake, Karya Kares is a charity-based organization dedicated to providing financial relief to those in need across the globe. Karya Kares’ parent company, Karya Property Management, is a privately-held multifamily management company focused on providing quality service to apartment communities across the United States.
The Karya Kares Clinic was opened with the expressed purpose of spreading the Karya Kares message of goodwill and cost-effective compassionate care with its team of expert professionals. With increased attention being placed on securing the health of the Houston community following Covid-19, the Karya Kares Clinic acts as a boon for patients looking to improve their personal health choices.